R600a (Isobutane) is a refrigerant grade Isobutane used as a replacement for R12 and R134a in a variety of high-temperature refrigeration applications. R600a (Isobutane) is a hydrocarbon that is becoming increasingly popular due to its low Global Warming Potential (GWP).
The refrigerant of choice for domestic refrigerators Worldwide. Runs on purpose-built R600a systems and compressors. Excellent compatibility with refrigerant oils and lubricants.
|PHYSICAL & CHEMICAL PROPERTIES
|faintly sweet odor
|Vapor Density (air=1)
|0.56 g/cm3 (25℃)
|Water 0.008 % (25℃)
The R-600A is one of the most potent refrigerant gases in household ACs and commercial HVACs. Its IUPAC name is Isobutane but some experts in the industry also refer to it as 2-Methylpropane or Methylpropane. Given its name, it is a close relative to the Butane gas. Hence, just like Butane, R-600A is also colourless and odourless.
R-600A has a very low Global Warming Potential (GWP). This means that it is not harmful enough to contribute to the depletion of the Ozone layer, which is one of the key drivers of global warming. As a result, the R-600A refrigerant gas is an excellent replacement for other hydrofluorocarbon gases like R-12 and R-134A.
R-600A is manufactured by our in-house brands at Al Imran – WESTRON and MAXRON. Our Isobutane gas comes with several benefits, such as:
You can accrue these benefits in several practical applications. For example, the use cases for our R-600A refrigerant gas are as follows.
- Isobutane is widely used in an assortment of domestic, commercial, and industrial applications across the UAE.
- Due to its excellent thermodynamic performance, it is most commonly used in household refrigerators as well as commercial freezers.
- R-600A is also suitable for use in aerosol sprays.
- It can also be used to make several types of products in the petrochemical industry.
- This refrigerant gas is deemed perfect for use in drink dispensers as well.
- Besides ACs, HVACs, refrigerators, and freezers, this gas is also used in dehumidifiers.
- This gas is also sometimes used in the food packaging industry as a packaging gas and propellant.