- PRODUCT DESCRIPTION AND APPLICATIONR417A is used as a high-temperature refrigerant for domestic refrigeration and automobile air conditioners. It is used as a replacement for the environmentally harmful R-22 and retrofit kits are available to convert units that were originally R-22-equipped. Other uses include plastic foam blowing, as a cleaning solvent, a propellant for the delivery of pharmaceuticals. R417 A is an HFC blend retrofit refrigerant for R22 in commercial air conditioning systems and medium temperature commercial refrigeration.
PHYSICAL AND CHEMICAL PROPERTIES Chemical Name 1,1,1-Trifluoroethane (R143a) PHYSICAL STATE Gas at ambient temperatures Appearance Volatile liquid with faint, sweet odor Odor Faint ethereal odor Average Molecular Weight (g/mol) unknown Normal Boiling Point (NBP) (°F) -39.1°C FREEZING POINT Not Determined pH Neutral SPECIFIC GRAVITY (water = 1.0) 1.21 SOLUBILITY IN WATER (weight %) unknown VAPOR DENSITY (air = 1.0) 2.3 Ozone Depletion Potential (ODP) (CFC 11 = 1.0) 0
R417A Refrigerant – WESTRON
- Two & Three Slices Cans – (320/340/500/1000 Grams )
- Disposable Cylinders – (13.6Kg/6.8Kg/3.4Kg) (30lbs/15lbs/7.5lbs)
- Refillable Cylinders – (6.5Kg/12Kg/60Kg)
- Torpedo/Ton Tanks – (500kg/950kg)
- ISO Tankers – (ISO Tank Contains 20,000 Kg)